Lock Legion Community
Sign in to follow this  
RSS

Forum update #5 + ½: Winter festivity

Do we need to switch themes based on day/night?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need to switch themes based on day/night?

• Yes
    • No

Hi there, winter holidays are slowly approaching, so I've decided (in part by popular demands) to decorate the forums a bit.

unknown.png

Like a christmas tree

For the next 3 months we'll have the forums decorated with christmas ornament on top and some snow.

Btw, made a little poll on top.

Update #5½

Style changes:

* Changed Lock Legion dark to Lock Legion Black
+ Improved Lock Legion Dark
* Fixed some mobily layout bugs with avatar size
* Slightly decreased amounts of snow to prevent slightly old/weak devices from freezing

Known bugs:

Bug: Error XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'change_id' cannot be null in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212 on editing username

Why: This bug happens because for some reason addon won't log the name change id for the name change history, so it gets NULL, which should not happen. This happens due to the 2 engine updates and 0 addon updates at the time, therefore it went broken a bit.

How to deal: it's an addon bug, waiting for an addon update.

UPD: fixed

Bug: originalFindNewId = 0, findNewId = xxxx under the forums name in the forum list

Why: It appears that xenforo devs fucked up and forgot to declare a variable

How to deal: waiting for an update actually fixed

Maybe you want to disable snow on the mobile site, since at least on my iPad Air, it makes the site lag like internet explorer on dialup (pretty badly)

in the poll do you mean like having a dark theme when the user's timezone is at night? that's actually a kind of cool idea

in the poll do you mean like having a dark theme when the user's timezone is at night? that's actually a kind of cool idea

Vote, vote, vote

Yes, basically:

forum style will be changing automatically depending on part of the day. So users that come at 13:24 will see "day style" and users that come at 02:51 will see "night style".

Don't worry much, you'll be able to turn that off.

That'd be really cool, but could you fix the dark mode for mobile? It makes profiles bigger than they should be.

the snow effect and all of your forum designs look awesome to be honest, but how can i disable/enable the snow effects, (in cases where it may slow down my page's internet speed?)

the snow effect and all of your forum designs look awesome to be honest, but how can i disable/enable the snow effects, (in cases where it may slow down my page's internet speed?)

sadly, no

tbh the whole website is mostly white/light grey so i don't think the snow effect is worth the lag some people are getting from it

I dunno, try it in dark mode, it looks amazing

even if it does lag mobile like crazy

Just noticed you wrote in: (in part by popular demand)

That was me guys

Being serious here now, I've got a suggestion. Could you put the like/dislike buttons next to the reactions button instead of inside of it? I think most people don't use it since it looks like a thumbs up and they want to put a smiley face or something. Basically since likes and dislikes count more than other reactions, could you set them apart so it is people's immediate reaction to a post to either like or dislike it?

Just noticed you wrote in: (in part by popular demand)

That was me guys

Being serious here now, I've got a suggestion. Could you put the like/dislike buttons next to the reactions button instead of inside of it? I think most people don't use it since it looks like a thumbs up and they want to put a smiley face or something. Basically since likes and dislikes count more than other reactions, could you set them apart so it is people's immediate reaction to a post to either like or dislike it?

No, due to reactions wrap like and dislike inside of them

The functionality of this site is decent, it just needs an overhaul in the design department. I'm not talking themes or anything, I mean a proper overhaul.

[uSER=2]@RSS[/uSER] could you set up a test forum so I can have a play around with admin options and stuff? I wanna see what I can get this place to look like. (make sure it's not production)

The functionality of this site is decent, it just needs an overhaul in the design department. I'm not talking themes or anything, I mean a proper overhaul.

[uSER=2]@RSS[/uSER] could you set up a test forum so I can have a play around with admin options and stuff? I wanna see what I can get this place to look like. (make sure it's not production)

yes, anytime, same engine or another?

Another suggestion: could our names be different colors based on what color lock we are? Like the discord

Another suggestion: could our names be different colors based on what color lock we are? Like the discord

now that's i can make, but please choose responsibly

oBN2hVs.png

Ok, got another suggestion: I recently visited the clock forums and the only thing that I was impressed with was the trophies. We should do something like that where the icons are under the user's profile picture in a post. It'd also be nice to have a lot more trophies than what we've got currently (with little images to go with them)

Ok, got another suggestion: I recently visited the clock forums and the only thing that I was impressed with was the trophies. We should do something like that where the icons are under the user's profile picture in a post. It'd also be nice to have a lot more trophies than what we've got currently (with little images to go with them)

apparently there's no addon for that type of trophies, we have current trophies which are more like achievements

apparently there's no addon for that type of trophies, we have current trophies which are more like achievements

Hmm, what engine are you using again? Can we write addons?

Im thinking its the snow but something is causing the page to extend downwards.