Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
Samsung Galaxy S2, i've had it about 5 or 6 years, still going strong.
s2 is a solid phone mate, i've had two i love it so much (bricked the first one trying to be clever)

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
s2 is a solid phone mate, i've had two i love it so much (bricked the first one trying to be clever)
How do you brick an android phone? Aren't they basically made to be able to reset them completely or install stock versions of android?

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
Well, I'm not a photographer, not even as a hobby. I just take a lot of photos and videos with my phone, so why not go with nice camera specs then.
most smartphones shoot 720 or 1080 now anymore, i don't think your casual photo-taking experience would be any different if you had a few less megapixels. the difference in price isn't justified by the slight difference in camera quality

That's how it works with most companies, but with some phones, you don't want to settle for less than the newest model. Ex: google's pixel and pixel 2. Don't buy the pixel, all its issues were solved in the 2nd version
well of course each iteration is going to improve on the last. but a lot of companies will withhold features or fixes on things so they can trickle them out and get gullible people to keep buying the slightly better new version.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
most smartphones shoot 720 or 1080 now anymore, i don't think your casual photo-taking experience would be any different if you had a few less megapixels. the difference in price isn't justified by the slight difference in camera quality

well of course each iteration is going to improve on the last. but a lot of companies will withhold features or fixes on things so they can trickle them out and get gullible people to keep buying the slightly better new version.
I guess that's true. I spent a good amount on my current phone because I know it'll be compatible with more things for longer. I also don't buy technology all that often, so when I do, I like to get the latest then hang on to it till it breaks.

RSS

Something something making locklegion great again
Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
What matters is - no tripod and better lens stickers

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
How do you brick an android phone? Aren't they basically made to be able to reset them completely or install stock versions of android?
dunno lol, i woke up one morning and it had an error on screen in the bios so i googled stuff and tried to fix it. couldn't sort it so tried to flash a new android rom onto it to get it running again and it crashed part-way through installing the firmware/bootloader/whatever and then it never turned on again

rip

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
dunno lol, i woke up one morning and it had an error on screen in the bios so i googled stuff and tried to fix it. couldn't sort it so tried to flash a new android rom onto it to get it running again and it crashed part-way through installing the firmware/bootloader/whatever and then it never turned on again

rip
That's kind of impressive, in a weird way.

Lock Name™
Mp3
Reactions
4 3 0
LG G6, got it a few months back when my Nexus 5 couldn't handle my abuse anymore

G6 is a great phone I am a big fan but it needs a skin (like Dbrand)

Coke

Staff member
Lock Name™
Coke
Reactions
4 0 0
i love that iOS is still at 0

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
i ditched apple after i filled my 8gb ipod with music and realized i'd have to buy a new one for another 8 gigs
Sadly, Samsung's going the same route. Good thing about Android is that you have a ton more options though.