Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
I got the idea for asking about this because I have a quite niche Smartphone myself.

I have a Kodak Ektra, which is an Android Smartphone made by Kodak. As you have probably guessed, it has an amazing camera (which is what I use my phone for mostly anyways, so it was a great fit for a not too high price (bought it for 110$ because someone at Amazon put it up for the wrong price - it's usually around 250$)).

Before I had that, I actually had a Windows Phone (Lumia 640), which also made decent photos for the low price and was practically indestructible (see https://goo.gl/rYXq26. I did the same stuff to my phone, showing it off, and Nokia knows their shit when it comes to indestructible). I actually really liked the Windows Phone OS. Sadly, it never caught on with developers.

RSS

Something something making locklegion great again
Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Nexus 5
Planning to get myself Mi A1 or maybe a honor 8

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
Nexus 5
Planning to get myself Mi A1 or maybe a honor 8
A college at work was looking into buying the new xiaomi smartphone, but wasn't sure if it's well made since it's basically a china iphone knockoff running android. Is that actually the case?

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
Had a crappy old iPhone 4 till today when I got the Essential Phone. Feels nice to upgrade

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
Had a crappy old iPhone 4 till today when I got the Essential Phone. Feels nice to upgrade
Never heard of Essential Phone before. That thing seems pretty damn awesome. But the price-tag is far more expensive than what I'd pay for a smartphone.

RSS

Something something making locklegion great again
Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
A college at work was looking into buying the new xiaomi smartphone, but wasn't sure if it's well made since it's basically a china iphone knockoff running android. Is that actually the case?
Mi A1 is an androidone phone supported by google and sporting latest stock android, usually they have miui, which is ther spin on android with tweaks.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
Never heard of Essential Phone before. That thing seems pretty damn awesome. But the price-tag is far more expensive than what I'd pay for a smartphone.
Yeah, it's intimidating when you first think about it, but compared to the Note 8, iPhoneX, and Pixel 2, it's a great price for a flagship

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
Oh yeah the college kept going on about how it's android stock. As if it wasn't possible to get that on any other android phone.

Yeah, it's intimidating when you first think about it, but compared to the Note 8, iPhoneX, and Pixel 2, it's a great price for a flagship
Yeah, since I usually just use my smartphone for whatsapp and a slim camera that I always carry with me, that's probably not the right phone for me.

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
huawei p9 mate best phone i've ever owned

saying that, i had a nexus 5 before it and that was amazing

Chokolate

Lock Name™
ChokolateLock
Reactions
2 1 0
Nokia 1011

No, i am not upgrading, i am using the phone for what they we're designed for - general use for calling AND sending sms, not fiddling with it..

Aubergine

Lock Name™
Aubergine
Reactions
2 1 0
Samsung Galaxy S2, i've had it about 5 or 6 years, still going strong.

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
i had the galaxy s4 mini for like 4 or 5 years until i decided to finally upgrade. i still had the original plastic cover on the screen, pristine condition.
so i go into the verizon store and i'm looking at the newer galaxies. one is like $800 and the other is $400, so i ask the guy there what the difference between them is other than a slightly better camera and processor. he says "oh you know, compatibility, better quality," total bullshit so i went with the 400 one. never buy the newest phone model, go like 2 or 3 iterations back and save yourself a few hundred dollars. if your excuse is that you're a photographer and you use your phone to take pictures, then get an actual camera

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
i had the galaxy s4 mini for like 4 or 5 years until i decided to finally upgrade. i still had the original plastic cover on the screen, pristine condition.
so i go into the verizon store and i'm looking at the newer galaxies. one is like $800 and the other is $400, so i ask the guy there what the difference between them is other than a slightly better camera and processor. he says "oh you know, compatibility, better quality," total bullshit so i went with the 400 one. never buy the newest phone model, go like 2 or 3 iterations back and save yourself a few hundred dollars. if your excuse is that you're a photographer and you use your phone to take pictures, then get an actual camera
That's how it works with most companies, but with some phones, you don't want to settle for less than the newest model. Ex: google's pixel and pixel 2. Don't buy the pixel, all its issues were solved in the 2nd version

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
if your excuse is that you're a photographer and you use your phone to take pictures, then get an actual camera
Well, I'm not a photographer, not even as a hobby. I just take a lot of photos and videos with my phone, so why not go with nice camera specs then.