Suggestions for buying a drawing tablet?

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
I have no idea where to look for one of these things. I want something affordable and good for animation. Send help pls.

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
19 2 1
what kind do you want? there's tablets with screens and tablets without screens. personally, i use a Wacom Bamboo Fun medium size tablet but only because i won it from a lucky dip contest on newgrounds. it's currently tucked away in a box under my bed because i never use it these days. they're really good though.

as for tablets with screens, @Oblivion or onigiri lock have those and can probably vouch for them

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
what kind do you want? there's tablets with screens and tablets without screens. personally, i use a Wacom Bamboo Fun medium size tablet but only because i won it from a lucky dip contest on newgrounds. it's currently tucked away in a box under my bed because i never use it these days. they're really good though.

as for tablets with screens, @Oblivion or onigiri lock have those and can probably vouch for them
Yeah, I'm looking for one with a screen. I'm thinking a 10" or so to keep the price down.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
Yeah, that's a bit expensive. For now I'm going to stick with using iPad + stylus as well as other improvised methods. At least it's free.

RSS

Something something making locklegion great again
Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Yeah, that's a bit expensive. For now I'm going to stick with using iPad + stylus as well as other improvised methods. At least it's free.
i'm stuck with note 10.1 2014 edition

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTH661...d=1511817405&sr=8-1&keywords=wacom+bamboo+fun

This is pretty much the best starter tablet you can get. I got one for free from Tom Fulp years ago and it's pretty great.

I have a friend who has that and a cintiq and he stopped using the cintiq because his drawing hand would block his drawing. You shouldn't go all out on your first tablet. It's basically just for you to see if drawing with a tablet is good for you or not.

For me, for example, it really wasn't. I tried over and over again, but I ended up selling my bamboo because I couldn't draw shit with it. I was far better with my mouse.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
I ended up getting a Huion H610 and it works great for what I need it to do. I kind of gave up on the whole "drawing on a screen" idea and just went with looking on amazon for cheap + good reviews.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
I ended up getting a Huion H610 and it works great for what I need it to do. I kind of gave up on the whole "drawing on a screen" idea and just went with looking on amazon for cheap + good reviews.
Hmm, to be honest, it feels like a more expensive tablet than it is and it works perfectly. I'm kind of happy I didn't buy a expensive premo Wacom or something.

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Hmm, to be honest, it feels like a more expensive tablet than it is and it works perfectly. I'm kind of happy I didn't buy a expensive premo Wacom or something.
well, that was a choice, albeit not a very good one

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
Oh, well I've never used a drawing pad before this one, so I'm sure I wouldn't know the difference between two companies.
Also, they only sell drawing tablets with a screen, which I decided against because of $$$

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Oh, well I've never used a drawing pad before this one, so I'm sure I wouldn't know the difference between two companies.
don't compare drawing pads and screen digitizers

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
7 0 1
Oh well, it doesn't really matter at this point since I won't buy another until I get good enough to feel like I need an upgrade.

spitty

Lock Name™
SpitfireLock
Reactions
3 2 0
I use this Monoprice tablet I got about two years ago or so.

It gets the job done. If it's your first tablet then it's definitely a good place to start size-wise. You don't really need to invest in a screen tablet unless you're going to be using it a lot or need it for work.