Update Forum update #5 + ½: Winter festivity

Do we need to switch themes based on day/night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RSS

Something something making locklegion great again
Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Hi there, winter holidays are slowly approaching, so I've decided (in part by popular demands) to decorate the forums a bit.

Like a christmas tree

For the next 3 months we'll have the forums decorated with christmas ornament on top and some snow.

Btw, made a little poll on top.

Update #5½

Style changes:
Code:
* Changed Lock Legion dark to Lock Legion Black
+ Improved Lock Legion Dark
* Fixed some mobily layout bugs with avatar size
* Slightly decreased amounts of snow to prevent slightly old/weak devices from freezing
Known bugs:
Bug: Error XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'change_id' cannot be null in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212 on editing username

Why: This bug happens because for some reason addon won't log the name change id for the name change history, so it gets NULL, which should not happen. This happens due to the 2 engine updates and 0 addon updates at the time, therefore it went broken a bit.

How to deal: it's an addon bug, waiting for an addon update.

UPD: fixed

Bug: originalFindNewId = 0, findNewId = xxxx under the forums name in the forum list

Why: It appears that xenforo devs fucked up and forgot to declare a variable

How to deal: waiting for an update actually fixed

Last edited:

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
Maybe you want to disable snow on the mobile site, since at least on my iPad Air, it makes the site lag like internet explorer on dialup (pretty badly)

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
in the poll do you mean like having a dark theme when the user's timezone is at night? that's actually a kind of cool idea

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
in the poll do you mean like having a dark theme when the user's timezone is at night? that's actually a kind of cool idea
Yes, basically:
forum style will be changing automatically depending on part of the day. So users that come at 13:24 will see "day style" and users that come at 02:51 will see "night style".
Don't worry much, you'll be able to turn that off.

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
That'd be really cool, but could you fix the dark mode for mobile? It makes profiles bigger than they should be.

Lock Name™
bluelock
Reactions
3 0 0
the snow effect and all of your forum designs look awesome to be honest, but how can i disable/enable the snow effects, (in cases where it may slow down my page's internet speed?)

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
the snow effect and all of your forum designs look awesome to be honest, but how can i disable/enable the snow effects, (in cases where it may slow down my page's internet speed?)
sadly, no

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
tbh the whole website is mostly white/light grey so i don't think the snow effect is worth the lag some people are getting from it

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
Just noticed you wrote in: (in part by popular demand)
That was me guys

Being serious here now, I've got a suggestion. Could you put the like/dislike buttons next to the reactions button instead of inside of it? I think most people don't use it since it looks like a thumbs up and they want to put a smiley face or something. Basically since likes and dislikes count more than other reactions, could you set them apart so it is people's immediate reaction to a post to either like or dislike it?

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
Just noticed you wrote in: (in part by popular demand)
That was me guys

Being serious here now, I've got a suggestion. Could you put the like/dislike buttons next to the reactions button instead of inside of it? I think most people don't use it since it looks like a thumbs up and they want to put a smiley face or something. Basically since likes and dislikes count more than other reactions, could you set them apart so it is people's immediate reaction to a post to either like or dislike it?
No, due to reactions wrap like and dislike inside of them

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
The functionality of this site is decent, it just needs an overhaul in the design department. I'm not talking themes or anything, I mean a proper overhaul.

@RSS could you set up a test forum so I can have a play around with admin options and stuff? I wanna see what I can get this place to look like. (make sure it's not production)

RSS

Staff member
Lock Name™
RSSLock
Reactions
16 6 3
The functionality of this site is decent, it just needs an overhaul in the design department. I'm not talking themes or anything, I mean a proper overhaul.

@RSS could you set up a test forum so I can have a play around with admin options and stuff? I wanna see what I can get this place to look like. (make sure it's not production)
yes, anytime, same engine or another?

Gem

Lock Name™
Gem
Reactions
5 0 1
Another suggestion: could our names be different colors based on what color lock we are? Like the discord