Does anyone invest?

Lock Name™
Mp3
Reactions
4 3 0
Investing is my new favourite passtime. Anyone else engage in the exciting activity of throwing your money at tickers and leaping off buildings if they crash?

What are you're favorite companies? Biggest winners / losers?

INVESTING IS FUN

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
i used robinhood for a few weeks but after i lost like $15 i stopped. i don't have enough motivation to do research and invest wisely, or to make an extra effort to be awake & available at market times

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
I buy expensive magic the Gathering cards and keep them for a hit before selling them on.

paid 650 euro for a Timetwister in June and it's at 1100 euro sell value already

Small time stuff

Lemming

Lock Name™
Lemming
Reactions
2 0 0
I have my all my retirement funds invested and is fully controlled by a bank. I'm not allowed to touch it until I'm 65. Have I made a bad mistake? I know nothing about investment.

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
I have my all my retirement funds invested and is fully controlled by a bank. I'm not allowed to touch it until I'm 65. Have I made a bad mistake? I know nothing about investment.
it depends on the bank etc but i also don't know anything about that. i've been adding to my 401k with whatever company albertsons uses for like 3 years. can't wait to work my entire life and die from overworking myself in a cooler before i can retire

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
i was autoenrolled on my company's pension scheme but i opted out because fuck older me

Lock Name™
Mp3
Reactions
4 3 0
That sounds verrrrrrry casual

Winchester

Lock Name™
WinchesterLock
Reactions
0 1 0
Investing is my new favourite passtime. Anyone else engage in the exciting activity of throwing your money at tickers and leaping off buildings if they crash?

What are you're favorite companies? Biggest winners / losers?

INVESTING IS FUN
locklegionwas good.jpg
Investing in bitcoin?

Aubergine

Lock Name™
Aubergine
Reactions
2 1 0
I got a few lots of inheritance along with a bunch of savings and i've invested it all in property. Got a couple of flats, i rent them out, and invest all that money into buying more flats. The UK is heavily densely populated, and house prices keep on rising, so i doubt there'll be another housing crash anytime soon.

Lemming

Lock Name™
Lemming
Reactions
2 0 0
That sounds verrrrrrry casual
Yeah I've no choice, I think it's our equivalent to your 401k scheme. Money is automatically deducted from my pay checks and matched by employer and government, then put into account and invested.

Skor

Lock Name™
Skor
Reactions
5 0 0
I throw my money into savings accounts and an HSA and a Roth IRA. I have no clue what I'm doing but I see tiny ticks of return every so often.

I'll probably just work until I'm 80 though.

Lock Name™
Mp3
Reactions
4 3 0
When I was looking for ways to get revenue from one of my flash games, one guy offered to pay via bitcoins. Back then they were like 1 cent each so he was gonna give me like 5000 coins or something.

I was like, wait, so you're gonna mine fake money and give it to me instead of real money??? Fuck that. And I took 200usd instead.

I sleep well knowing that even if I had taken the guys bitcoins I would have sold them all along with everyone else the moment they hit like 10cents each or 1 dollar each etc.

Never in a million years would I have held them till now. But I'm sure the alternate universe me who did is living it large right now, snorting cocaine off a hookers ass on his superyacht

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
yeah i definitely wish i had gotten even 1 bitcoin and just forgotten about it until about now. imagine doing a silly internet thing and then a few years later realizing you earned yourself a few cool Ks

Wine

Staff member
Lock Name™
Wine
Reactions
18 2 1
there was a guy in the news here in the UK who threw out a hard drive with 8k bitcoins on it lmao

he had a team in the landfill looking for it. never found it.

Lock Name™
Mp3
Reactions
4 3 0
Lol wine I saw that on the news.

Funny thing is that was when bitcoins were like 1k each, and bitcoins are 7.3k each now lmao.

Lavagasm

Lock Name™
Samegame
Reactions
0 0 0
I've got some $500 steaks in large and small cap stocks, bonds mostly through Vanguard. I also have a 401k and a pension which are invested through them as well.

Lock Name™
ZTEAGH
Reactions
14 2 0
I've got some $500 steaks in large and small cap stocks, bonds mostly through Vanguard. I also have a 401k and a pension which are invested through them as well.
what's your opinion on vanguard? my work does their 401k through them but i haven't looked much into it

Lock Name™
pumpkin
Reactions
7 0 0
I'll invest into IOTA when it goes down a bit soon. My brother invested 500€ into that when it was at 0.38 MIOTA, now it's up to 0.97 MIOTA. He invested earlier this month and already has a plus of 1.000€. It's currently on an up-slope again, so I'm holding out, but once it drops, I'll invest quite heavily into that.​

Aubergine

Lock Name™
Aubergine
Reactions
2 1 0
Has anyone here had any involvement with bitcoin? I haven't a clue what it's all about, but my brother has started meddling about in it.